Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Saturday 8 February 2020

Temperature and Line Infection

My first chemo finished on Monday and I went home Monday afternoon.

I have been at home feeling very tired due to the chemo and going out in my wheelchair for some fresh air to take the dog for a walk.

By Friday I was feeling extra tired and sick but also hot and cold at the same time!

My temperature was 38.9!   Any reading over 38 is a problem, I may have an infection in my port which can be very serious!

We contacted the hospital and they said bring me in for checks, so off to the hospital again!

Went to triage and bloods taken to check for infection, my temperature was still over 38













I was given antibiotics then taken by Stuart from ward 84 up to ward 83 where they had an isolation room for me, as I could have an infection and not want to give it to the other people having chemo on ward 84.

So here I am isolated on ward 83 (big room to my self)  I'm on fluids, paracetamol and antibiotics and my temperature is going down as it got up to 39.4 over night and this morning is 38.1

I am feeling better but not up to eating yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment