Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday 6 November 2017

2nd Chemo up and running!

We had an early morning start to get to the hospital for my second lot of chemo. On the way I was really scared of the chemo being as bad as last time but when we got here Dr. Brennan said that I definitely won't be sick with this new antisickness. Even though she was very confident about it I am not sure whether to believe her or not.
I had fish and chips for my lunch and then went to school hoping that the chemo will be ready to start at about 3. While I was at school, the nurse came in to say that she can't do the antisickness through my line because I only have two pipes and they need both for the chemo:-(. She gave me the option of either the same antisickness as last time (errrrr..... no!) or put a canula in and do the antisickness through there. So of course I chose the canula because I'd prefer to have a canula in for 4 days than be up all night being sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They started the chemo about 3:30pm. I had pizza for my tea and then loads of chocolate trifle for my pudding!!!!!!! Then I was really full!!!!!!!!! Then sat up in bed and did some colouring seen as I feel fine so far. Fingers crossed it will stay like that!!!
 

5 comments:

  1. Canula sounds like a plan to me. We're keeping everything crossed for you down here that the medicines work this time, DJAS xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sally, Mrs Harrison ( Y5) here! Hope all goes well with this second lot of treatment and the anti- sick stuff works ( I absolutely HATE being sick)!
    Can't believe how pretty you look without hair! The wig's amazing too, just like your real hair from the photos I've seen in your blog.
    Take care and keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just know you are going to be OK this time Sal!!!!!! If Dr Brennan says you'll be OK, then you will 😉. Sending lots of positive thoughts so you won't be sick, positive really works. Lots of love, 'appy & Clive

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just know you'll be OK this time Sal, if Dr Brennan says you'll be OK, then you will 😉. Sending lots of positive thoughts that the anti sickness medicine Will work, & positive works. Lots of love xx'appy & Clive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeping fingers crossed you have no sickness this time, you're so brave to have the canula as know it hurts (I had one when Katy was being born) xxx

    ReplyDelete