Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Friday 18 May 2018

Passing my blood test!

When I had my blood test today my White Blood Cells were on 1.92. So close! ( should be 2.0 )

 Dr Tippelt (the children's oncologist) really wanted the chemo to go ahead anyway but he had to discuss it with his team.

Friday 18th May

When we went to the WPE this morning Dr Tipplet told us that the Chemo is going ahead!!!! I had my protons and then we walked up to the KinderKlinic (children Hospital). The nurses set up the chemo for me and showed us to my room. The room was really small! Next to me was an older girl who has Ewing Sarcoma as well. She is from Greece and she is living in Germany for 1 year as the hospitals in Greace aren't very good. Luckily she could speak English! The play room was almost 4 times the size of Manchester's! The best bit was that the ward has a balcony so you can sit in the sunshine whilst having chemo. How good is that!?!


On Saturday morning I woke up at 2am feeling really sick! I couldn't stop being sick until 3am when the nurse prescribed an antisickness. It worked until about 8am when the day nurse came in with my usual antisickness tablet. Started having it and then I was sick twice again! The day nurse told us that one of the antisicknesses had been crossed off the list. She gave it me anyway and about 20minutes later I started to feel so much better!

By Saturday afternoon it was time to go back to the apartment. I went back in my wheelchair as I was feeling very tired and out of breath.



It was quite difficult getting on and of the trams and underground with my wheelchair. But I got back to the apartment and relaxed.




No comments:

Post a Comment