Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday 8 March 2018

Surgery!!!!!

We set off at 6.10am in the snow. We had to be there for 7.30am. This time I am on Ward 77.












The anaesthetist came to see me first, then Dr. Farrelly & his team. He drew an arrow on my back.












(By Mum)
At 9am Sally was walking to theatre with mum, dad & our nurse for the day, Daniele. (With one l). Only one of us was allowed in the pre-operative room so dad stayed in the waiting room.
When they were putting Sally to sleep she remembered to count this time & managed to get to 9!!!
I then had to leave Sally in their capable hands.

We now had time to kill. Dr. Farrelly had said the op would be 3-4 hours minimum.

So what do mum & dad do for the next few hours?
Well, Richard has a couple of machines on his work schedule for March at Manchester hospital & he suggested that he could do them today! Obviously, I wasn't too impressed at the idea until he suggested I go with him. A chance to see the machines he works on? Why not? It'll fill some time. Better than pacing the floor!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment