Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday 26 April 2018

Germany here we Come!!!!!

Team Sally ready to go to Germany....





We flew out to Germany on Sunday 22nd of April. The NHS pays maximum €80 a night for our accommodation. We got a second floor apartment. We are really happy with it because it is massive! Milly and I get to share a bedroom. Altogether the apartment can accommodate 6 people as there is a sofa bed.

We went to the WPE (West German, Proton Therapy Centre, Essen, Germany) on Monday only to be told that I can't have proton today because it hadn't been 14 days since I had actinomycin (a type of chemo drug) so we have been delayed before we have even started! We were then told to come back on Wednesday.

Today (Tuesday) was just a chill day. No treatment to have. I decided to try my drysuit on and it fits with no leaks!!!!!! There are plenty of pools in Essen so I might be able to go swimming tommorow! It has nearly been 7 months since I last went swimming.




We went to the WPE this morning. First we went to see the doctor to confirm that it will go ahead today. When I went into the room with the Proton machine in I had to lie on a table inside the machine. The doctors lined me up under the lasers and moved the arm around to target different places of my back. I couldn' t see or feel anything. I was in about half an hour.

This is the Proton machine 
This is where the protons are being fired.
The darker the red is more protons....
This cancer doesn't stand a chance!


Before we left to go swimming we thought it would be a good idea to make sure we can definitely go swimming. Unfortunately, the doctor said not to go as the drysuit will press against my skin and cause it to get even more irritated than it already will be due to the radiation. I was so upset because I had got my hopes up and I was REALLY excited.

2 comments:

  1. Aww bless !swimming will wait where treatment wont. Its something to look forward to. Take care and make the most of your new surroundings while your there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your T Shirts!!! Good luck with your treatment Sally.
    Just think how much you will enjoy that first swim when it comes
    Sending all our love to you 😘

    ReplyDelete