Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday 9 April 2018

Chemo round 2......

This morning we decided not to go to the hospital as early as usual because last time we finished at 5am. So this time we aimed to get to the hospital for 10am so that I can finish my chemo at around 9am on Wednesday.

Well that is what was meant to happen........

When we arrived at the hospital at 10.30am, like usual, I had a thumb prick, my obbs done and my height and weight checked. I am now back to 32.8kg after going down to 32.2kg when I had my operation. My mum and I waited in outpatients for 1 hour for my blood results to come back. Eventually, the nurse came and she told us that my chemo cannot go ahead as my white blood cells have not fully recovered! We were both shocked as I felt absolutely fine and that morning I had actually skipped into hospital! We wondered if it was because they didn't tell us to do any GCSF injections in between my last chemo and now. They gave me a GCSF injection to hopefully give me a boost. Dr Brennan came to talk to us and told us to come back 2 days later on Wednesday & try again. Apparently, my blood was at 0.6 but to have chemo it has to be at least 0.75 or preferably 1. We wanted to know what we can do to recover faster but the nurse said it isn't down to not resting enough or not eating well because you don't have any control over your white blood cells.

As I was then free to go home I really wanted to go to school and see my friends. We managed to get to school for 2pm. There was only an 1hr 30mins left of the school day but I still enjoyed myself. After school I managed to go dancing for 3hrs!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sally, what a trouper you are!!!! �� Still up for every adventure with that mischievous smile, despite all your surgery & treatment, you are a, ��. Love the photos taken with your new camera too, a budding young photographer ��. It's great to see you all enjoying 'normal' family time, away with the caravan, a real tonic, plenty more ahead. ��Lots if love

    ReplyDelete