Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday 28 July 2020

Scan Results!!

 On Friday I had my MRI scan to determine whether I will need more treatment. I vlogged the whole day of having my scan and getting the results for my YouTube channel. If you would like to watch it click on this link: MRI Scan + results Sally Cancer YouTube 

Also, whilst you're there, please subscribe to my YouTube channel (Sally Cancer) by pressing the red subscribe button. This is completely free.

So...it was Monday morning - the day we had all been waiting for. Our appointment was at 9am. Covid restrictions meant only one parent was allowed per patient but because it was a very special occasion my dad was allowed to come in but just for the appointment. We ended up having to wait two hours to see my oncologist! 

When we walked into Dr.Brennan's office my scan picture and my previous scan picture were on her computer. One picture had a white circle on and the other didn't (a tumour shows up as white). I instantly panicked when Dr.Brennan pointed to the one with the white circle and said it was the most recent one. I started to think it was starting to grow again. After that, the rest of the appointment is just a blur to me.

When we came out my parents were talking about how amazing this news was! I was so confused! It took me all day to get my head around it. 

The white circle which I saw was not a tumour is was a burn from the radiotherapy which I had. We do not know if that burn will ever get better but it doesn't affect me in any way and I can move my neck perfectly fine and I am pain-free. 

The AMAZING news is that my cancer has gone and I am CANCER FREE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment